Okay so Lizzie and I may have broken the conditions of our court order by conducting an unsupervised visit to Lincraft, (normally there has to be a responsible adult who is not easily seduced by sequins, glue guns and MDF monitoring us at all times). We knew we were risking being cut off for good from our creative utopia, but the thought of an Easter without a home made pastel coloured thing-a-me-jig, was too much to bear!
So faster than a quick setting wood glue we were off, and after an exhaustive hour of negotiating gingham and polka-dots, Lizzie and I set up camp on the kitchen table to create our glue-free, sew-free, skill-free, gluten-free, vegan Easter themed wreath.
This will take up approximately 1.5 hours of your life that you may choose to dedicate to pretty much anything else, but Lizzie loved creating the colour palette with the material and coming up with the pattern sequence, (we have an OCD approach to our craft in this house). It is easy for little hands and could make a great project for the last week of school before the term break to hang from the classroom ceiling or why not include them in your Easter raffle prizes!
You will need:
2 pairs of hands (preferably one set belonging to a child under 12 or why are you doing this to begin with?) 1 Coat hanger 1 Small packet of foam eggs 1 Small packet of fluffy chickens (RSPCA approved) Assorted material squares cut into strips Satin ribbon Paperclips Your favourite music A confused cavoodle (not really but it just adds to the cute factor)
1. Bend and shape your coat hanger into a circle
2. Starting one person on either side of the hook, tie the material strips to the wire. We did double knots to create a fuller look.
3. Once you have all the material attached, fluff out and add any additional strips to fill gaps or balance colour.
4. Bend out paperclips and poke through the foam eggs. Wind around the wreath to attach.
5. Attach the chicks by tucking their feet into the knots of material.
6. Finally wind satin ribbon around the hook to cover the wire. This will also give you something to tie to your front door or to a hook on the wall.