I whipped up these little babies for a neighbourhood party recently, and they went down very nicely with a little pot of hummus on the side. Healthy and easy to make, you can make these slightly bigger and top them with smoked salmon for a filling brunch or easy Sunday night dinner.
1 x zucchini grated
1 x 400g can of corn kernels drained
1 cup gluten free plain flour
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tblsp cumin seeds
1 tblsp dill
2 tblsp freshly copped coriander
Rice bran or coconut oil for frying
- Gently combine all ingredients in a bowl with a fork. The mixture should look like a lumpy pancake mixture. If it looks a little too runny or wet add a little more GF plain flour to reach desired consistency.
- Heat enough rice bran or coconut oil on moderate heat in a frying pan to cover the base.
- Add spoonfuls of mixture to the pan cooking for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side till golden.
- Drain on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot or cold with your favourite dipping sauce